Hoarding is considered a subtype of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) and is an effort to manage anxiety caused by obsessive feelings and behaviors. The severity of hoarding varies based on the level of distress one has regarding their feelings of self-worth, interpersonal relationships, occupation or education, finances, housing, legal issues or health.
Symptoms of Hoarding may include:
- Compulsively buying or saving excessive quantities of items.
- Experiencing intense anxiety when attempting to discard what may be considered a “useless” object.
- Saving items that to most people are considered unneeded or worthless.
- Inhibited use of furniture, rooms or an entire home due to saved items.
- Significant clutter causing deterioration in living condition.
Contact Us Today
Please call or email us today. We look forward to setting up your consultation